3 things to know about Habitat
What is Habitat for Humanity International?
- A nonprofit, Christian housing ministry.
- We believe that every person should have a decent, safe and affordable place to live.
How does it work?
- Through volunteer labor and donations.
- Homeowners invest hundreds of hours of their own labor into building their Habitat house and the houses of others.
How are families selected to receive Habitat houses?
- Families in need of decent shelter apply to local Habitat affiliates.
- The affiliate’s family selection committee chooses homeowners based on their level of need, their willingness to become partners in the program and their ability to repay the loan.
Pledge your support to make this important effort possible now.